Each restaurant is unique and therefore requires custom-built insurance to protect it. Keystone Insurers Group’s expert agents can help you protect your restaurant against financial losses.
Common restaurant insurance options include the following:
- Property Insurance – Protects your property in case of fire or other events. If you have any kind of mortgage on your business and/or equipment, then a property insurance policy is essential. Note that property insurance typically does not include coverage for natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes. Separate policies are available to protect your restaurant from natural disasters.
- General Liability – Protects you in the event someone slips and falls in your restaurant or gets sick after eating there (whether it was your fault or not). This umbrella policy is a must-have in today’s litigious world.
- Liquor Liability – Helps protect you if a customer has too much to drink and then harms themselves or others while driving. Establishments with liquor licenses are required to carry liquor liability insurance in most states.
- Automobile Liability – Protects your company vehicles.
- Workers Compensation – Protects you if a restaurant employee is hurt work. Most states require that all employers carry some type of workers compensation insurance.
Some risks for restaurants are easy to spot, but covering all risks to your specific business requires careful analysis. Some examples of questions you and your agent should ask include:
- What are the potential losses I’d incur if business was to be interrupted? Is my insurance adequate to cover that scenario?
- In the event of a power outage, will my insurance cover the cost of food that spoils?
- Do I you have adequate protection in the event of a liquor liability claim?
- Am I properly protected from a claim arising from food delivery?
Keystone Insurers Group provides the best possible combination of property and casualty insurance, at the best rates, for your restaurant. An experienced agent – one who understands the challenges of running a restaurant and the coverages needed to protect it – will work closely with you to ensure you’re properly covered. Contact us today to get started on your free quote - 814-629-5607.